The Friends of the Tewksbury Public Library is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the
cultural life of our community through activities at our library.
You made the difference!
Together, you, the FriendsTPL, had a successful year in 2016. As a new Teen Librarian was added, we were able to fund programs for the under served teens at $6000. A very generous donor helped us purchase new room darkening shades for the big Meeting Room: allowing for better viewing while the sun is still up.
We hosted our first Mini-Golf event that funded new computers for the Children's Room. We also instituted new strategies for our book store, including collaborating with an on-line bookseller - another boost to our ability to support our library. Our overall contributions to the library increased to over $30,000. It was a great year.
- Provide funding for Children’s Summer Reading Program, Teen Programs, Lectures and Events.
- Purchase Museum Passes for free or reduced admissions to Museums and state parks.
- Fund cultural programs for adults... Movies, Music, Author Visits, Lectures and Presentations
- Supply the extras: arts and crafts materials, etc.
- Help to keep our stacks full, helping to purchase popular books, DVDs, books on CD, and